Friday, January 25, 2008

Parents and a little recap of distribution

So my parents made it safely and are adjusting well to the shock of traveling so far and being thrown into a totally different culture. We navigated the crazy and huge Owino market today in Kampala with style and ease. Ok, well maybe that's an exaggeration, but they had fun and enjoyed the experience. Tomorrow we visit the family I stayed with for 10 weeks when I first got here. It'll be my folks first time on public taxis and having dinner in a Ugandan Home. I think it'll be a lot of fun and informative. After that is Murchison Falls National park in the north then we make our way to my site in the East and enjoy the real village experience. Should make for many good stories that I hope to put on this blog if internet connections and my memory allow it.

So as far as the distributions go, the video for Kitoikawononi parish are up and it looks really good. It was edited by the donor org and they added music and captions to tell you what was going on. I'm super happy and can't wait to see the other parish's videos. I'm tired so I'm not gonna do the promised recap, but the jist is that we were organized and vigilant on our rules and it all turned out well in the end. The End! :)

2 comments:

Neil Douglas Schimmenti said...

Tell Bob I'm watching Top Gun on his theater system whilst they are in Africa.

Unknown said...

hi wes,
not sure if you'll remember me- your 6th grade teacher at sierra heights? i was told about your remarkable efforts by tom r.
what an incredible adventure you have embarked upon. you should be so proud of what you have accomplished. it is my privilege to donate to such a wonderful cause. take care of yourself- mrs. mclaughlin