Wednesday, June 27, 2007

Help if you can!

So my sister hooked me up with this UK group who is sending a shipment of mosquito nets to Uganda in 2-3 weeks. They are will to throw some more on for my community and for the last week we have been working like crazy to make it happen. My organization mobilized local leaders to collect lists of everyone in Kakoro Sub County that is a child under 15 or a woman. 2 people from every village (38 in S/C) worked super hard and got a list of 12,390 women and children to me that I'm now trying to send in with the official proposal. I personally met the Minister of Health who assured us that the nets would get to our site free and fast. We are ready to go, we just need some help on your end. My sister has set up a donation site to help pay the group, Against Malaria, for the nets. Each net is $5. Please help if you can. Thanks,
Wes
www.againstmalaria.com/ugandawes

No comments: