Saturday, March 24, 2007

First Uganda post!

Hey everyone, I'm in Uganda and all is well. I don't have a lot of time, so this is just a check in. Hopefully I'll be able to update more soon. I'm in Mbale in the east right now visiting a current volunteer. Having a great time and really enjoy Mbale. It reminds me of North Bend, for all those Washingtonians. There is a great view of Mt. Elgon and it is a nice town. Got to go swimming today at a hotel here and am going out to a nice dinner tonight.

I'm 3 weeks into training and things are progressing slowly but surely. I'm learning a language called Lugwere (it's a Bantu language) and it will put me in the Pallisa district of Uganda, which is really clost to Mbale. Ok, I'm out of time, hope all is well!

3 comments:

Unknown said...

Hi, Wes... Sounds like you are getting along OK. I wish I could send you my extra motor scooter, the 125 Yamaha. Sounds like it would come in handy; especially with gas at $4/gallon. Wait a minute, it's up to $3.05 here today! I should be able to sell it soon. Keep your blog up to date when you can. Also, Univ. of Florida (my former school for two years) is in the final four finals. They play Ohio for the championship Monday.
Jerry

Anonymous said...

Hey Wes!

Everytime I see a white ford taurus, i look to see if it's you, then quickly remember that you're so far away! Glad to hear your ok and in Uganda. We miss you over here!

Hannah

Unknown said...

Any good bathroom stories yet?